Snowdrops (before the wind!)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowdrops (before the wind!)

Took these yesterday. Not looked today, don't fancy the tree branches falling on me!

Just lovely Palustris, and so many ! I have them too. Not in flower yet - and not in those quantities.
    You were wise not to go too near the trees today as I see the wind in Shropshire has been pretty fierce today.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

What is even nicer is that the trees you can see, for the most part are Damsons, so we often get a good crop of fruit from that area too!

Comment

Where about in shropshire are you Palustris? I'm in Telford.Love the snowdrop pics.

Comment

And lovely early blossom too Palustris. What a lovely corner to have. Enjoy.

Comment

30 miles north Lyndap. near Os!

Comment

PS Palustris
              I saw in "where did you get yours" you said it was just the Latin for your name.
              Some of my young life was wasted (I thought at the time) on the study of that language.
              Please tell me my memory is still functional and it means a marshy place.
              Right ? Wrong? What are doing in my class !!!! Get out !!!!!
              Please be kinder than the domine . You could not be more cruel. Excuse the rant. I think I still smart under his words. But Palustris, yes, I think a marshy place. 3 of the belt if I'm wrong !! So your name would be Marsh, Marshall, something like that. Close ???

Comment

Beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing them. They remind me that I bought snowdrop bulbs last summer and I haven't planted them - come to think of it, I don't even remember where I put them - aaaaaargh - must be a birthday coming up again!!!
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

Take 5 House points Alice!

Comment

No comment!
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ge002small.jpg
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ge006small.jpg
                    Last edited by Palustris; 19-01-2007, 12:34 PM.

Comment

What a shame Palustris, hope they weren't your damsons & didn't flatten too many of the snowdrops. Lucky you weren't there taking photos at the time!
                      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

That's such a shame Palustris! Hope you haven't suffered too much damage.
                        ~
                        Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                        ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

What a shame Palustris ! Your snowdrops will recover but a pity if this years display is spoiled. As for your trees - well you have my sympathy.

Shirl, if you want to grow snowdrops buy them in the green at the end of this flowering season. Get them from a reputable garden centre to make sure they have been cultivated and not taken from the wild. Snowdrops from dried old corms don't do well and you would be disappointed with them.

Comment

This is how the message should have looked, but it will not let me edit again.

And yes the Damson trees are ours, but the newly planted Yew hedge behind them is not dmaged. I will have to get busy with the chain saw. At least we will have a little wood for the fire from it, if fewer damsons!

Comment

I don't know how Damson burns Palustris. We lost a lovely cherry tree in a storm one year and thought, well, at least it's firewood. Having cut it all into logs - you never saw anything more dismal in a fire. Designed to put a fire out !

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X