crocus

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crocus

Even though it has been cold around here, my crocus are starting to push up through the gravel and in my beds! Anyone else's acting this way?
    Best wishes
    Andrewo
    Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Hello AndrewO, I don't grow crocus anymore. I think it's too warm for them (seriously). They just come up and fall over.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Even up here, crocus and dwarf iris showing above the soil now. So mild today, despite the wind and showers.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

We've got what look like daffodil, iris & crocus leaves poking up through the soil in the garden (the daffs are quite tall) so it looks like they might be in flower early this year (or next as it will be!)
        Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Yes,
          Down here in the wet and windy south my crocus bulbs are just showing the tips above the soil.
          It's the bluebell bulbs I planted last year that I'm especially eager to see though
          best wishes
          Sue

Comment

In the garden our Buddehlia is already sprouting new shoots and leaves, another of the shrubs is sprouting flower buds and both the apple trees look as if they are ready to burst into life, on the plot the rhubarb is sprouting, and the onions / garlic are happily growing away, and a friend has daffs that are now 3" tall locally! The weather seems very mixed up indeed hereabouts!
            Blessings
            Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
            Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
            Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
            On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

My Crocosmia (Montbretia) are sending up fresh shoots - which is most helpful as I will be able to find all the bulbils I missed in November and so be rid of even more of them by Spring - they grow like bloody weeds in my garden - binned hundreds of bulbils every year for last 3 years - same with my grape hyacinths - another bloody weed !!
              Rat

British by birth
              Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
              http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yep, my Daffs are coming up and my roses are still in flower. Plants are all confused.

Comment

Been 11 degrees here today. However no plants pushing up, on account of the flood waters! Not really a flood, just hellish damp!
                  ~
                  Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                  ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X