No announcement yet.

Sweetpeas - can I chance it yet?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sweetpeas were sown in October and they are about 4ft tall they have been outside for about 5 weeks they are doing fine I have got 4 lovely big dark purple flowers

Comment

I didn't harden mine off properly and they are looking decidedly poorly!! Luckily I still have some left in the cold frame so will try again.
      Gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up until your back gets used to it.

Comment

just pplanted ours straight out, but they were in hanging baskets, so risk of frost is low.

didn't know you have to harden them off though - prob wouldn't anyway as a) that's the sort of pain in the butt stuff we are trying to avoid b) space in greenhouse is at a premium

we'll see if they survive!

Nick

Comment

Sadly, pain in the butt stuff can be the difference between strong healthy plants and a failed crop. Sometimes, to get good results, you DO have to do theb tedious stuff!
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I have planted some at different times, the frst ones ropmed away and are doing well. the second lot were ok and the third lot I didnt think wold grow into anything much, after the rain this week they are all doing extremly well.
            Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
            and ends with backache

Comment

The other side of Scotland from you, Amanda, my sweet peas are 6 inches and romping away. They have been outside for 3 weeks. Prior to that they were in an unheated GH. Go girl!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X