When will my Dahlias start to shoot?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
    Ok thanks, so if this not a stupid question where do I get the seeds from?

Last year I would just cut the flowers and bring them in the house until I lost the bush to a heavy down pour!

Thankyou
    Just leave a few flowers on to go to seed. But make sure you put them somewhere dry, I left mine in a plastic greenhouse what leaked and they all got wet and rotted

Comment

My neighbour gave me lots of Dahlia tubers last year, told me to put them in my green bin when it was halfway full on top of grass clippings and leave them for a couple of weeks. It worked, lovely plants, although not my favourites so gave them to my Mum
      Last edited by MrsC; 02-04-2009, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
        Ok thanks, so if this not a stupid question where do I get the seeds from?

Thankyou
        Not a stupid question at all. As IgglePiggle said, you could try to collect your own seeds, or buy packets. It's cheaper to collect your own and more satisfying when they flower
        "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

I bought tubers and put them in a seed tray and some have started to grow shoots.
          Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
          and ends with backache

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X