No announcement yet.

Climbing rose advice

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my Zepherine 2 years ago from my neighbour-she bought it on a sale.It looked pretty sorry in a small pot with just a few leaves covered in black spots.I dug up a hole for it,put a few handfuls of bone meal on the bottom and firmed the soil around.I pruned it quite heavily(about an inch of old stems left).Next year I had 5 "leader" shoots about 4' long each.This year it was shredded by rabbits but I can see new shoots appearing already.

Comment

Well that sound promising coreopsis! Now I've just got to locate a supplier.
      AKA Angie

Comment

Originally posted by selfraising View Post
        Oh cheers! Think there might be one in Aldershot too!!
        Yep and there is one in Farnborough too.

Plants at Wilkinson's you have to buy quite soon once they are in stock, as they don't seem to have a plant care system.

Whilst in Farnborough you could also check out B&Q's offer: £3.48 per rose or 3 for £10. As these plants are already outside and watered, then you don't have the same issue of buying from a Wilkinson's.
        Last edited by Dottie; 24-02-2009, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Yippee I've found it and ordered it!! You were right Shirlthegirl it was on Crocus, I was just misspelling it doh!!!!!!! Have ordered some bone meal as well.
          AKA Angie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X