Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of rose bushes are sold in Poundland?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of rose bushes are sold in Poundland?

I brought a couple rose bushes from Poundland today and was wondering if anyone knows what type they are?
    Follow my garden and chilli growing project... @impatientgrower

they are UNkNOWN.

they grow ok though
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Cheap? As Two Sheds syas, they will grow and flower fine. I just like to have a name for mine. I buy them for the name. At our old house, where we had our children grow up, I had roses with their names. Just ordered one called 'Happy Child' for grand-daughter's christening gift. Bought 'Peral Drift' for our pearl wedding anniversary. It all depends what you want.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

The ones from Poundland are "Red", "Yellow", "Climbing", etc.

Comment

Ok thanks for the info, I do like to know what I am planting but if they grow ok then that's what counts.
          Follow my garden and chilli growing project... @impatientgrower

Comment

I rescued a poor looking yellow climbing rose from Wilkos last year. It's growing well but never as good as my healthier bought roses. I hate to see the 'pre-packed' plants bagged and boxed up in shops.

Comment

My 4 roses bought yesterday from Poundland superficially look OK with some small stubby shoots.

But every stem and bud is covered in a translucent green wax. It looks as though the plants were turned upside down and dipped in a warm wax solution to preserve them through winter. Should this wax covering be peeled off before planting, or will the plant shoots drive their way through this wax?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X