No announcement yet.

Hiding a manhole cover

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gosh- I've never seen one built on an angle like that!!

Like the above ideas !!!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Flummery has said what I was thinking I've got one in the front garden that I'll be doing something with this year (if I get round to it)
      My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

We have one of these ugly things in our back garden by the back step. I covered it with some decking with the frame round the outside edge so that it is accessible if needed.

The step down was quite large and the decking helped not make it not such a long way down for the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          Gosh- I've never seen one built on an angle like that!!

Like the above ideas !!!
          My whole garden is at that angle! Nearly kills me cutting the grass

I've been thinking about using wood instead of bricks to level if off, so will have to see how I get on with it...

Comment

Originally posted by IgglePiggle View Post
            My whole garden is at that angle! Nearly kills me cutting the grass
            I'm not surprised!!!!

Have you thought about terraces- or would that be too expensive???

I've just remembered that when we had out drive done in pressed concrete- we had a new manhole cover which was sort of dish shaped, and you could fill it with whatever you used on the drive so it would match the driveway.
            Not sure how that would help you- but maybe you're artistic enough to think of something???

Cutting grass....I've seen blokes with fly-mos on the end of ropes cutting embankments- is that a feesable option for you to make things easier??
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Terraces would be too expensive, and I'm not really a fan of it tbh. I like all the different levels of hight of plants a hill gives you

My garden is on a hill but not steep enough to use a rope, I don't know if that's a good thing or not

Comment

At one time they used to advertise containers that you could replace the manhole cover with and plant up, I don't know if they still make them.
                Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake View Post
                  At one time they used to advertise containers that you could replace the manhole cover with and plant up, I don't know if they still make them.
                  I'd fence it off and get hens lol!

Or move?

No offence indended, someone mentioned Sloe Gin earlier, so it's now keeping the Shiraz company lol! Soon I'll forget how to spell or type and I'll go to bed...
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I have a similar problem in my back garden my soil is limited, & i have this whacking great manhole cover thats for access to the heating & hot water supply that comes from the communal boiler, As the estates boiler has broken down so regularly since Aug last year, the plumbing engineers have had it open & closed at least twice each month since then. they've told me NOT to cover mine, cos of their access issues. I'll put a small pot that im growing some mint in on it later in the year, as the sight of this wasted space is driving me crazy!!!
                    Last edited by TonyO; 13-02-2009, 03:14 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

Originally posted by TonyO View Post
                      I have a similar problem in my back garden my soil is limited, & i have this whacking great manhole cover thats for access to the heating & hot water supply that comes from the communal boiler, As the estates boiler has broken down so regularly since Aug last year, the plumbing engineers have had it open & closed at least twice each month since then. they've told me NOT to cover mine, cos of their access issues. I'll put a small pot that im growing some mint in on it later in the year, as the sight of this wasted space is driving me crazy!!!
                      depending on what size the cover is,is it possible to make a container on wheels,perhaps with decorative rope handles,the aim being,anyone can tow it out the way fairl easy,or something along those lines,just a little thought.
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Hi.
                        We found the best way, after several tries with everything else, was a piece of the artificial grass that just slotted in at the right height of the rest of the lawn.
                        OK it is not EXACTLY a match, but it did not stand out like a sore thumb drawing attention to it.

Comment

You sure you don't want some purple stuff? FUNKY Artificial Grass Colours by LazyLawn

Comment

take some of the surrounding soil to B&Q and let them mix up an exact colour match metal paint

then paint it

I've painted 2 manhole covers for a client but painted them green as the covers were on his lawn

looks ok (from far)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X