Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pampas grass - how to clear my plot of it?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
    I feel the need to point out that mine was in the back garden , and planted by the previous owners. Don't need a reputation like that!
    Ours was also in our back garden and planted before we bought the house!!

Comment

*changes mind swiftly about growing pampas grass in front garden, and decides maybe not a good idea for the back garden either*

anyone want some pampas grass seeds ????

Comment

I've got one growing in the chicken run - the chooks love hiding in it and scrabbling about under it. In fact it seems their favourite place (at the moment) for dust baths, perhaps that's because the ground's so dry there. I planted it about 2 years ago as a reduced plant (50p) thinking it would only grow slowly! Hmmmmmmm it's huge now, but I'm leaving it for the chooks
        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

now that's a good idea ...... can chooks be accused of wife swapping??

*gets coat*

Comment

I was going to be a swinger so I planted my pampas (4 different ones) but by the time it grew big enough my zimmer frame kept getting in the way.
            Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
            >
            >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

So now you're a clanger?
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I guess so. My youngest grandson says that the pompous grass is just right for me.
                Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
                >
                >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

The house a few doors down has some in the front and it makes me snigger too... Ours is in the back garden and well hidden from anyone's view but mine but I want it out just in case.... Unless of course Brad Pitt is into swinging Then I might leave it.
                  Last edited by janeyo; 15-01-2009, 06:19 PM. Reason: awful typos

Comment

pampas grass-how to clear my plot of it?

Thanks for all the tips. I am slowly trying to clear mine out. He-who-thinks-he-should-be-obeyed says I can't have a greenhouse 'cos the pampas in the way. he also said HE won't buy the greenhouse. Do you think he knows what a b...er it is to dig out?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    There's a pleasure sure in being mad that none but madmen know.
                    There's pleasure sure in being mad that only madmen know - Anon

Comment

ive just taken over a plot. it has a HUGE pampas grass directly next to the shed, so burning it is out of the question. its easily 8ft tall. its going to be a right task, but im determined to clear it from my plot!
                      http://pot-to-plot.blogspot.com/ My brand spanking new plot

Comment

Originally posted by allotmentlady View Post
                        yes I agree with snadger, make sure you wear thick clothing, eye and face protection and tough gloves........oh and get someone to help. dont put on compost heap!!!
                        Why can't you put it on the compost heap?
                        Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

I've got one in my front garden It was given to me in a tiny pot by someone who swore it wasn't 'one of those huge things'. Of course, it's now one of those huge things! It's coming out this year, along with just about everything else in that border as it's all infested with couch grass

Comment

It took me nearly a week to dig a mature one out of my garden. Not a whole week - regular session so I didn't crock my back. It can be done!
                            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

OMG there's two in my front garden (planted before we moved in) What must people think about us then??? LOL
                              http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

We had a huge one and at one time we're sure something was living in it, anyway it had to go make way for my veg beds but it was soon snapped up on freecycle
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X