No announcement yet.

Just found an old piccie.....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geoffrey Smith apparently still writes for "the Lady" and is 80 this year, so he's nowt but a lad.

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
      I'd need to strim it first as it's derelict!..............Not my plot anymore!

Unfortunately I went back to planting veg and flowers in defined positions which IS more productive but I don't think it gladdens the heart or brightens the plot like it used to.

Maybe time to adopt the old regime again!
      well knowing what you know now, i am sure you could design a plot that LOOKS random, but would be more productive?

I am with you though on this, easy for me cos i have no space, but the glory of things growing randomly, and the joy of harvesting something despite the way it was planted is not to be beaten.

treat yourself, have a patch you can be 'norty' with

you cant beat finding the few carrots that actually grew in amongst the fushias.
      Last edited by BrideXIII; 21-12-2008, 06:32 PM.
      Vive Le Revolution!!!
      'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
      Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
        well knowing what you know now, i am sure you could design a plot that LOOKS random, but would be more productive?

I am with you though on this, easy for me cos i have no space, but the glory of things growing randomly, and the joy of harvesting something despite the way it was planted is not to be beaten.

treat yourself, have a patch you can be 'norty' with

you cant beat finding the few carrots that actually grew in amongst the fushias.
        Bob Flowerdew is very inspirational.............he's always coming up with wacky ideas that really work as well.
        btw the best 'huge' onions I have grown were under a water retaining sea of chickweed 1 foot thick!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

This is from an experimental era when I used to interplant veggies with flowers and herbs.
          If you look hard enough you'll find my youngest son and 'mine and his' faithfull companion...Kas, the German Shepherd who is long gone but not forgotten!
          Looking back at this...........I wonder have I moved on or went backwards..................
          Was it the other side of the hedge Snadger

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
          Your picture puts me in mind of a book I am currently reading 'Square Foot Gardener' - there are many styles of gardening - this 'SFG' makes a lot of sense to me

I thought the same Piskie, as there's only me and Mrs G around for dinners these days so I think 1 24ft bed will keep us in veg if that book is to be trusted.

Bob Flowerdew is very inspirational.............he's always coming up with wacky ideas that really work as well.
          btw the best 'huge' onions I have grown were under a water retaining sea of chickweed 1 foot thick!
          I think you all know that think that Geoff hamilton is the nearest thing to a gardening god. If it hadn't a been for him I'd never have got into gardening.
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X