Dying Pertunia

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dying Pertunia

Well, I hardly got through the door to plant out my newly purchased orange Petunias when the stems broke away in the planter as so delicate. I was left with a stump which started to show some new green shoots after a couple of days. I also put the broken stems in water in the hope they will root. Well, they haven't after weeks and the green shoots that were my only hope have been eaten by a slug.

Since this image was taken the stump has got worse with no more green growth despite it now being in a safe place
    . Is there anything I can do revive it? Gutted as it looked so nice 😞

Well the stem is completely dead as the %$£"£$" slugs that got it it took all it's new green growth off. They have have habit of finding the plants you most want to revive and putting a stop to it. The stems that came off have still not rooted a month on
    Last edited by Marb67; 01-06-2024, 01:21 PM.

Comment

I have never tried rooting petunias but if rooting any other plant I would remove any flowers and try rooting only if there was signs of growth at a leaf axle, I know a lot of people use water, personally I prefer damp course sand for rooting cutting
      Last edited by rary; 02-06-2024, 12:45 PM.
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X