Wallflower help

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wallflower help

I've been out of action for a long while. Wallflowers got sown early in the year but I needed an op which meant I was off scene until now. Plants have grown well........too well. They haven't been xplanted, pinched out and so are very leggy and skinny.
    Any point in final planting or should I write them off for this year?

I would plant them out. What have you got to lose? If they are very floppy and tall, cut them back by half. They will grow on and bush out again. they may flower a bit later than usual, but they will flower.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

Lovely to see you again- and I hope you are well onto the road to recovery
      I’ve not been very successful with growing these in the past but they seem to grow well from bare walls in my area!
      I guess I pamper mine too much.
      They are biennial/perennial aren’t they?…I wouldn’t have expected flowers anyway this year .
      My gut feeling would be to take cuttings to grow on, then cut the plants back to 15/20 cm and then plant them out, ready for flowering next year.
      I’d wait to see if someone with more success with these agrees with me before following my ‘advice’ though
      Let us know how you get on with these.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X