Another succulent going downhill

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another succulent going downhill

Well, here I am again with another brand new this summer shop bought healthy succulent that is starting to show signs of being sickly with yellowing and wilting leaves. It is not being over/under watered with the pot soil (the one it came in) being very slightly moist.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20231002_110852.jpg Views:	0 Size:	877.7 KB ID:	2569476
    Last edited by Marb67; 02-10-2023, 11:26 AM.

Hi there, your echeveria is etiolated. It doesn't look over-watered but needs more light. The amount of light coming through the window isn't enough for echeveria in many cases (in the UK). Try crassula ovata or sansevieria instead. They will happily grow for you.

Comment

I have cut most of the leaves off and had it in a window for a few days but no dice. Of course they are not supposed to be in direct sunlight. But this window is East facing. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20231009_143254_edit_237234143634633.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	477.3 KB
ID:	2569718

Comment

Hold on, is it an aeonium? Ah, it's rotting...it is not salvageable... If you think the cause of death is over-watering, take the plant out of the pot and check the root.

In any case, one thing is clear - your growing condition was not suitable for growing this type of succulent (aeonium, I think).

Comment

Hi Marb67,

Putting it in direct sun might make it worse rather than better. I found a link for you which may help x

https://succulentsbox.com/blogs/blog...red-succulents

Comment

Originally posted by Star goose View Post
            Hold on, is it an aeonium? Ah, it's rotting...it is not salvageable... If you think the cause of death is over-watering, take the plant out of the pot and check the root.

In any case, one thing is clear - your growing condition was not suitable for growing this type of succulent (aeonium, I think).
            Well it wasn't in direct sunlight or anything. Still in the same pot it was purchased from a reputable nursery.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X