Non flowering Asters

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non flowering Asters

Well, I have had Michaelmas daisys for years, even split into smaller plants and yet year after year (some in soil, some in containers) they have not flowered, bar a few pathetic attempts here and there. Why would this be (or not be) ?

Well, still no flowers. I see other gardens with them blooming. No logical reason why this should be 😞
    Attached Files

Comment

It doesn’t look like there’s much compost in that container. Is that plant,part of a plant you’ve split or did you buy it like that in that pot? Some varieties would need more root space,what’s the final size of that variety? Those holes in the leaves look like a black spot,where the spot goes black & then leaves a hole,fertiliser will give some health benefits,does it get fertilised regularly?

Comment

I gave it some BFB at some point but I have had them for years, grown in pots, large containers etc and no flower but a very few that soon withered. Its extraordinary!

Comment

7 Reasons Why Asters May Not Bloom
          1. Growth Disruption - if you must disrupt plants, do so in early spring
          2. Inadequate Sunlight - Provide full sun.
          3. Moisture Stress - Avoid under- and overwatering
          4. Overcrowding - Manage overcrowding by dividing.
          5. Overfertilization - Skip the fertilizer or use a low-nitrogen product.
          6. Pests and Disease - Watch for pests and signs of disease, and treat them promptly.
          7. Pinching too Late - If you pinch stems for compact growth, complete the task in late spring to early summer.
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X