Japanese anenome

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese anenome

I bought and planted two Japanese anenome plants last year. Seems they are really struggling to establish. One has a few leaves the other really hasn’t any. Took that out to see what was happening and it’s basically as if it is still the same shape of root ball as it had when it went in but looks like they are dying back. The front garden is full sun and the soil is brick hard so wondering if that is the issue in terms of it establishing. Do I take it out and put it in a pot to try and save , do I plant it in the back garden in my north facing shady border or in the cut flower bed (south facing raised bed) or leave where it is and try to revive? If so what would people suggest to ry and save it? I really love them as plants and they seem to grow well in gardens around my area so had been hoping they would work for me.

There are loads around here but ours didn't thrive at first.
    Doing well now. Not sure if it was just time or the fact that we started watering it a lot and mulching. Our soil is thin and dries out quickly and it's in the sun.
    ​​​
    ​​​​Lots of the ones round here live quite happily in walls so they can live in the dry - I think they just need lots of water and fertility to get established.
    I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X