Reviving overwintered geraniums

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reviving overwintered geraniums

I have 4 cuttings from a geranium taken in September in the unheated GH. They are doing fine, occasionally throwing up flower spikes which I remove. The compost is bone dry. The photo was taken on the mother plants last hurrah on New Years Day.
    does anyone have any tips about bringing them back to life for this season please? Click image for larger version

Name:	57E1955E-8CA3-40BB-843B-8A2CD9E6C3A9.jpeg
Views:	151
Size:	766.2 KB
ID:	2541780

Sorry, mine have never made it through the winter, even in my unheated greenhouse. I have some clinging on outside in pots, but if we get a proper cold snap they'll be gone.
    Last edited by Babru; 24-02-2022, 04:58 PM.
    Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

I would pot them on into a one size larger pot using fresh multipurpose compost and start watering . Wait until the surface of the compost has dried out before watering subsequently.

Comment

Thanks, I will get potting!

Comment

Update to this topic. I repotted with fresh compost and a week later there are signs of new growth on all 4 plants.
          Much easier than I thought and will definitely repeat in the autumn.

Comment

That's good news, savory. The geraniums I left out in large pots are still going, so I'm going to lift and pot them up individually to give them a new start in life.
            Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X