No announcement yet.

Getting rid of crocosmia

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have our own subspecies of vole here in Orkney. It's a bit larger than the usual common vole. I once led a small group of primary school children on a guided walk near the shore. When we sat down to have our packed lunches, several Orkney voles appeared out of their holes. We all sat quietly eating our lunches while the voles completely ignored us and happily wandered about between us for a good ten minutes.

Alchemilla mollis and Spanish bluebells are invasive here too. I've been trying to get rid of them for years but they still keep popping up. Unusually though, the horsetail is happy to stick to its own small spot and hasn't spread at all.

Comment

I put mine through the shredder.
      On my heavy clay ion Riddlesdown they are not too bad but in my late mother's garden in sandy Worthing they were a real pest.
      Spanish Bluebells I shred too.
      I have Lucifer, it doesn't spread like monbretia.

Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Originally posted by DannyK View Post
        I put mine through the shredder.
        On my heavy clay ion Riddlesdown they are not too bad but in my late mother's garden in sandy Worthing they were a real pest.
        Spanish Bluebells I shred too.
        I have Lucifer, it doesn't spread like monbretia.
        I had considered shredding it, myself, but my shredder has a bad habit of letting thin branches slip through over the top of the blades, so that they don't end up getting shredded. That being the case, I'd worry that small corms my pass straight through unshredded and end up growing on the compost heap...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X