Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr Bones, your peony is early, mine are still in bud, they are both 40+ years old. They make a lots of big rhizomes over the years. Two years ago I needed to reduce the amount of space they took up and was amazed how many rhizomes were in the small patch I dug up. I replanted 6 sweet potato sized ones from each in a different part of the garden, not with any care, just dug a shallow hole and chucked them in, they have buds this year.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	3DDD7E2B-3FB4-4486-A832-4B229C019B6A.jpeg
Views:	100
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	2545931 Growing honestly this year for the first time. Am liking it and seeing the first signs of the seed pods _ which lots of people grow it for.

Comment

Name:	8A3CCEC5-4367-4D6B-A79C-411EF9271910.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	436.0 KB
ID:	2545933 Also getting a good display from the rhododendron at the front. Had planned to take it out when we changed the front garden as was really overgrown so cut it down to the base. It just refused to die though and has now come back and looking good.

Comment

Pelargoniums in the greenhouse

Name:	Pelargoniums.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	794.4 KB
ID:	2545973
          ​​​​​​​
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Name:	21AB665E-827C-4106-9023-EAFFBD12AD9A.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	568.1 KB
ID:	2546070 This area of the garden looks good I like these hot pink geraniums really cheerful colour,there’s one of my tomato plants
            Click image for larger version  Name:	C838C6B2-ECCB-405A-BEE2-A14FD48CF03F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.01 MB ID:	2546069
            Last edited by Jungle Jane; 20-05-2022, 07:21 PM.

Comment

My sarracenia has flowered for the first time. Exciting! I got mine after I saw Monty Don had some in his greenhouse to keep whitefly down. I really like mine, it's a lovely pink.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220520_185332.jpg Views:	0 Size:	678.3 KB ID:	2546073 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220520_185309.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.10 MB ID:	2546074
              Last edited by Babru; 20-05-2022, 08:49 PM.
              Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Wow!…that’s spectacular!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Fantastic flower, Babru! I had no idea they could have flowers.
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

I saw them first at Harrogate show and they had flowers, so I knew they did flower. The plant is now about four years old, and I repotted it in the autumn. I really like mine. I haven't had any whitefly in the greenhouse, but I think this is coincidence.
                    Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Welsh Poppies on the allotment

Name:	Welsh-Poppies.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	462.3 KB
ID:	2546226

Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Lavender border in the small cottage garden

Name:	Compress_20220527_131756_6936.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	2546450
                        I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

I have never been able to grow lavender Q, looks wonderful…bet it smells great too.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                            I have never been able to grow lavender Q, looks wonderful…bet it smells great too.
                            It's taken us a while to figure it out here in mild wet Cornwall. Grew like a weed in hot dry East Anglia when we lived there. Will start to smell in a few days to a week. Then we can do our trick of watering it (almost the only time we do) and standing back and watching the bees descend.
                            Last edited by quanglewangle; 27-05-2022, 06:08 PM.
                            I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

Lovely. Can only imagine the noise of the bees. Must buzz all summer.

Comment

Lupins seem to have fought off the aphid infestation. Still seeing a few but I just shake the plant a bit to knock them off. Love this colour combination with the alliums. Click image for larger version

Name:	335572D4-45A7-4A9D-9032-414E4DEB1DC6.jpeg
Views:	96
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	2546487

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X