Gazinias over the winter

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gazinias over the winter

We grew some gazinias from seed this year and they were very successful, spreading to a big clump in a pathside bed and still flowering, although only one or two now.

​​​​​​I plan to take a chance on leaving them in over the winter since we seldom get hard frosts here and are frost free some winters.

Question is what should I do with them? Cut them down? Cover with straw? or what?
    I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

I'd cover them with straw if you have some. They are perennials, and I had one come through the winter myself once.
    Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by Babru View Post
      I'd cover them with straw if you have some. They are perennials, and I had one come through the winter myself once.
      I'll try that then, thanks. Will leave it a couple of weeks because they are still growing and we don't get our cold weather until the new year usually.
      I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X