Yuka flower troubles

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuka flower troubles

For the last 2 years I have had a big yuka plant in my garden apx 4/5 ft high start flowering and when the flower stalk from the centre gets to around 3ft with around 20 flower heads the heads stop growing stay closed either and die off .
    Ihave noticed this year that there are now 3 seperate crowns on the top of the yuka all with flower growth in them but only the most established one has opened and produced a flower stem .
    Hope people can understand what I am on about as I do not know the correct terms to use regarding this problem

Can you take some pictures, it might help us

Comment

Here are some pictures that i have just taken you can see the trunk splitting into three on the first one
      The second shows one of the 3 closed flower shoots
      and the third shows how the plants main flower has not opened fully this is the second year this has happened .
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Ivanhoe; 04-09-2020, 02:10 PM.

Comment

It could be that the one with the flower is older,the others could be too young this year but ok next year? I don’t know I just googled it says “Yuccas only bloom when they reach a certain age of maturity and they all bloom according to their own schedule”.
        https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/orn...esnt-bloom.htm
        Last edited by Jungle Jane; 04-09-2020, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X