Weed or not?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weed or not?

Is this a weed? Just popped up in my front garden. One thing about the new site I do find it easier to post pictures.

Look like flowers to me, now they may be wild flowers, but I am encouraging them and sowing seed too, great for our pollinators, which is of course good for our veggie plots and fruit gardens.

Comment

Could be something from the Verbascum family.
      Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Mm don’t think I have bought any of those but maybe I wait and see for a bit. Give it a stay of execution for now.

Comment

Not sure if helps but that wee plant now has tiny buds on it. Look purple. Click image for larger version

Name:	100978BD-0668-4624-A68C-488A735F8C89.jpeg
Views:	321
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	2496826

Comment

I like the look of your little plant.
            but don’t know what it is.
            Hope you can post another photo when it does more.

Comment

So my wee plant is still growing well. Have attached a pic. Does this help with ID?
              Attached Files

Comment

Is it clary sage?
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

Or perhaps Salvia Nemorsa. Post another picture when it is in flower please.
                  Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

I’ve had a bit of a brainwave. Sure I bought a salvia last year which I thought had died. But maybe not. Could it be that. Might still have the label in the greenhouse.

Comment

It definitely looks like a salvia of some sort, although I couldn't be sure which species.

Comment

Can’t find the label. Will see what it looks like when it grows a bit more. Glad I didn’t pull it out now !

Comment

I agree . It looks like my salvia
                          Northern England.

Comment

Found the label in the gh. It was a salvia farinacea Victoria. Having some success with that I am wondering whether this is weed. It has popped up at the front too and don’t know if it is something I sowed or not. Looks like a carrot but has small pink flowers.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Yep, that’s a weed but don’t know the name.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X