No announcement yet.

Green flower i.d. please?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks very interesting.... go on, ask them!
    Growing in the Garden of England

Comment

....well????......
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

They're really pretty Seahorse, I love the colour. Go on ask & put us out of our misery!
        Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Not much wiser after asking!

They're 'Green Trix', according to the supplier (an English grower) but Google yields no further info. The florist said she thought they looked as if they were from the Sweet William family but didn't know anymore than that.

I'm pretty sure they're not dyed. Maybe they're a genuinely new thing
          I was feeling part of the scenery
          I walked right out of the machinery
          My heart going boom boom boom
          "Hey" he said "Grab your things
          I've come to take you home."

Comment

Found it! I knew it looked like a Sweet William. I Googled "Dianthus green trix" and eventually found this on a Dutch site: Dianthus Barbatus Green Trick.

Nieuw: Dianthus barbatus Green Trick

First Green Trick® (May 10th 2008)
            Monday May 5th, the first Green Trick® was auctioned at Flora Holland in Rijnsburg. The introduction was very successful!. From now the Green Trick® will be available every day.

The Green Trick® will also be actioned at Flora Holland in Aalsmeer on Tuesday 13th May, by Nursery Tonie. Later the Green Trick® will be auctioned at Flora Holland in Naaldwijk. http://www.hilverdakooij.nl/news.aspx

May 10th 2008. The Green Trick® is a unique flower! The very special shape and fresh, green colour make Green Trick an eye catcher and a unique addition to the cut flower assortment. Green Trick® has a very long vase life – running up to four weeks – and is very suitable to use in mixed bouquets and modern flower arrangements.

Green Trick® is related to the ‘Dianthus barbatus’, also known as Sweet William. The product finds its origin in Japan, but is exclusively delivered on the Dutch flower market by Hilverda Plant technology.

Green Trick® is available from May until November.
            Last edited by Two_Sheds; 18-09-2008, 07:20 AM.
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Hey...Well done Sherlock Holmes!!!!!

...4 weeks vase-life eh??...that's the sort of flower I like!!!

What sort of price were they Seahorse????

( they are really pretty aren't they- says she whose NOT into green flowers!!)
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

well done two sheds!! its a beauty of a flower spent ages googling it yesterday

Comment

Knew twosheds would find the answer well done glad someone on here knows what they are doing I certainly dont .
                  Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                  and ends with backache

Comment

Gotta get me some of those!!!
                    Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

I found the link this afternoon as well, just before I logged on here, could have saved myself the trouble if I'd checked here first! As it's a registered trade name though I don't think there's any chance of us being able to grow them ourselves. They are lovely though must look out for them in the florists.
                      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

That's brilliant T_S! Thankyou!

Wonder if the seeds will be made commercially available?

Nicos - £2.50 for 6 blooms, so not silly money, as cut flowers go.
                        I was feeling part of the scenery
                        I walked right out of the machinery
                        My heart going boom boom boom
                        "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                        I've come to take you home."

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
                          That's brilliant T_S! Thankyou!

Wonder if the seeds will be made commercially available?

Nicos - £2.50 for 6 blooms, so not silly money, as cut flowers go.
                          Think that it will only be grown from cuttings. There do not appear to be any "working bits" to produce seeds!

Comment

Dianthus barbatus Green Trick ‘Temarisou’

The flower shown in the picture you posted is Dianthus barbatus Green Trick ‘Temarisou’ .

Kim

Comment

I think you are talking about "Green Trick Dianthus", or "Green Trick Carnation" bred in Holland, also known as "Green Trick Tenarisou". I only guess because I am trying to find seed. I do personal estate gardening but also run a cut flower business for my employer. I hope this is what your looking for. I have been tracking this flower since I saw it last year. It's very hard to get info. on and still cannot find a latin name. It will be, and is a hot flower this season!

Comment

https://secure.chrysanthemumsdirect....reen_Mist.html

Maybe you could use a few of these until you find plants or seed from the others. Please post if you do come across them though as me wife loves green flowers and that would go down a treat!

Dave
                                Fantasy reminds us that the soul is sane but the universe is wild and full of marvels

http://thefrontyardblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X