No announcement yet.

Fuchsia cuttings

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the biggest advantage with Rooting powder is the fact that it contains a fungicide that helps reduce rotting off if you're a bit heavy handed with the watering can. but so long as you use a free draining compost you should be OK
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
      the biggest advantage with Rooting powder is the fact that it contains a fungicide that helps reduce rotting off if you're a bit heavy handed with the watering can. but so long as you use a free draining compost you should be OK
      I didn't know that NTG. The trouble I have sometimes had with fuchsia cuttings is rust. It's a right bugbear. Shall have to use it in future.

valmarg

Comment

Originally posted by valmarg View Post
        I didn't know that NTG. The trouble I have sometimes had with fuchsia cuttings is rust. It's a right bugbear. Shall have to use it in future.

valmarg
        Ahh Rust, then you want Linsterine mouth wash can't remember which one but I can find out for you tomorrow all being well as Stafforshire Fuchsia society will be at the National Chrysanthemum show probably ( there's a subtle plug for you)
        ntg

Comment

Right then Valmarg,

I saw my man today and very nice he was too and it's any Listerine mouth wash that contains Eucolyptol & Menthol ( look at the list of ingredients) and you need to use at 10% dilution (50ml to 500ml water) I would suggest you use it as a spray and on a dull day (not that we get anything else these days ) and it will cure your Fuchsia rust problems.

Nick
          ntg

Comment

I don't use anything. I've tried rooting powder, but a lot of the time I think you don't need it. I cut the stem about 2 inches long under a node, strip off the lower leaves, nip out the tip of the stem and stick the cuttings in damp compost in a small pot with the lower leaves just on the surface. I keep the compost moist. I've had a lot of success with this!

Comment

I do the same as Adrastea and have not had one fail yet! Don't bother with rooting powder or putting them in water, waste of time. They take within a couple of weeks straight in compost.

Comment

Sorry I've not got back to you earlier ntg. Much appreciate the information, and shall use the advice.
                valmarg

Comment

Originally posted by valmarg View Post
                  Sorry I've not got back to you earlier ntg. Much appreciate the information, and shall use the advice.
                  valmarg
                  thats OK Valmarg, I've not been on much myself
                  ntg

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X