No announcement yet.

Propogation of African Violet

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quark I now have image of your home being swallowed by African violets!!Andi got a bit carried away with how easy spider plants are to reproduce~our home looked like a jungle!!
    I think the A.V's will make great christmas pressies~prob should have got my finger out a while ago?~kiddies can paint some pots.
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

What a good idea for Christmas pressies. For those who don't already know I normally start talking about the Christmas topic in September much to the annoyance of fellow grapes I'm sure. Might try potting up some nice herb pots for Christmas pressies taking cuttings from my garden. That's it will have to make a start.

Comment

No - home will not be swallowed by rampant AVs!

My son would like one in his room and his friend is moving into his own shared-place soon - so guess what he'll be receiving soon! He's also going to be a 'lucky boy' and get a couple of my late spud buckets for Xmas news - having already taken custody of chillis!

Reckon if I can't resist - flushed with success - will put outside my home and say 'good home needed' - or a 50p honesty box (for me to buy seeds)? - someone does their cus/toms and other stuff locally to buy new seed I guess or give to some charity raising enterprise locally.

Comment

Just thought I'd update this - the first 2 plants I generated have just started to come into bud and will flower shortly. 4 others looking quite healthy but some weeks behind. They may be a bit slow as I didn't use ericaceous as recommended above - after the project began.

My next attempt at propogation is going to be Kalonchoe - another fairly easy one I hope.

Comment

Well done
            I used to have a few AV's in my old place,they don't grow too well here-mainly because of temperature(it's too cold) .Kalanchoe roots easily,just make sure you haven't got any mites or caterpillars on it(that's why I chucked them out)
            As for AV's I couldn't resist nicking a couple of leaves at the last visit in GC
            Last edited by coreopsis; 06-10-2009, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X