Distorted Lupins.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distorted Lupins.

I planted out three lupin plants earlier this year. Bought them indivually from Tescos, each in a pot of their own. Two have grown on well and are flowering. However the other after initially growing on and producing a flower head, the plant leaf stems and flower head then began to grow very twisted, curling and distorted. Can anyone tell me what is happening and more importantly what can I do to stop this or is the best advice to dig up the entire plant and dispose of it. Your help on this is much appreciated.

Sounds like another story of herbicide contamination - see other threads about this. However, it's odd that 2 are ok and one isn't. They might have potted them using 2 different batches of compost.

The only problem I've had with lupins is the dreaded Big Blue Lupin Aphid. They are massive and very squishy (ask me how I know!) but you would certainly spot these.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Thanks for that info. Would you advise to leave alone and it will recover or ebe ok next year or would you advise I remove the plant and incerate it? Will it spread to the other two plants beside it? Thanks.

Comment

Depends on what it is, as to whether it will spread. If it's seriously ugly you might want to remove it anyway - try taking it back to the shop.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X