No announcement yet.

name that shrub

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No 3 is def a pieris (very pretty and worth keeping if it's in the right place) and no 5 is def a mahonia (nasty spiky thing that when it loses its leaves they don't rot down and years later you get spiked, but it does give yellow colour in winter when there isn't much else to flower)

no idea on the others!

janeyo

had another look at the pics and no3 is no longer a pieris but one of those plants they always put in supermarket carparks to fill the space quickly.
    Last edited by janeyo; 05-04-2008, 09:10 PM.

Comment

I think you've got

1. Spirea 'Goldflame'
      2. Pittisporum
      3. Euonymus (probably Emerald and Gold)
      4. Ceanothus
      5, Mahonia
      6. Photinia
      7. Difficult - could be winter honeysuckle as someone else suggested, but the flower also could be plum family.
      8. Hmm.... it could even be a wisteria, but I think we'll have to wait to see the leaves
      9. Cordyline

Hope that helps.
      Growing in the Garden of England

Comment

more piccies

hey ok back again
        no1 piccy from first post has come out a bit more so i've put some more up also more of no7 and 8,no 7 has finished flowering really now but i mangaged to get a close up deffinatly has no thorns and also im assumeing is a clematis growing up it ekk, no 8 hasnt really come out yet so ive just put a piccy of a bud up. good luck nearly there guy many thanks for helping me with the rest
        first 2 piccies in this post are from the same plant (no 1) last 3 piccies in this post plant are plant (no 7) from original post ( if you follow that )
        Attached Files

Comment

piccies for plant no 8 from original post
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm sticking with plant 1 = lillac
            Plant 7 = some sort of plum/greengage - you said it hadn't produced fruit?
            Plant 8 = Aggghhh I don't know (and I hate to admit that!) Post another piccie when that bud opens!

Comment

ok number 8 the last shrub is now in full leaf with its teen flower buds com on vicky you know ts gonna really bug you what is it its the best piccies i could take was a breezy day this is the last shrub that needs to be indentified
              Attached Files

Comment

You wicked tease!!!
                It's really bugging me, I don't know what it is!

Comment

Celastrus orbiculatus (Look in the section on the left, esp the flowers and leaves)

Think I've got it!
                  Celastrus orbiculatus
                  Chinese Bittersweet, Oriental Bittersweet

Have a google of it, seems it has nice berries but a tendancy to be invasive...

(I admit to being a plant geek!)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X