No announcement yet.

The great Sunflower experiment.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were in, have rescued 20 seeds from some wild bird mix that we put out at the allotment and will sow them in a week or so.

Comment

I've not grown any for years, but have loads of bird seeds so will give it a go.

Count me in!
      Excuse me, could we have an eel? You've got eels down your leg.

Comment

Lol, great idea! I'm in

Will there be a booby prize for anyone growing one shorter than me? I'm a whole foot and a half smaller than Wayne
        I was feeling part of the scenery
        I walked right out of the machinery
        My heart going boom boom boom
        "Hey" he said "Grab your things
        I've come to take you home."

Comment

Mine definitely says "no grow formula" on the bag. Looks like I'm down the garden centre tomorrow then!

As for boobie prize....
          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

IM in --- lots of luck to everyone.

Comment

I know it's possibly a bit early to be classed as a winner but my biggest seedling is about two inches now.
              Detroitsburg - Where cool cars come

Comment

count me in

I like a challenge! and luckily I am a bit vertically challenged as well!!!

also have a fuschia challenge with my son.

will be going through bird seed when I get back home!!!

Comment

Right, Madmax, Aranthos, myself and younger son (not yet a grape) will take part. I have some sunflower seeds from bird food and some from gerbil food. I will note which are which to compare flowers later on (if I manage to grow a blooming sunflower for the first ever time). Great suggestion!

Can't wait for my cut out Wayne!!
                  Happy Gardening,
                  Shirley

Comment

Sounds like fun - I'm in too. Will sort through the bird seed when I get back from relaxing weekend visiting MIL
                    Growing in the Garden of England

Comment

Right - now off to get birdseed at t'weekend. Have to keep it a bit quiet as the OH doesn't agree with large sunflowers - so I think my plan'll be to plant the red ones coming from realseed; and smuggles a few birdseed ones in the mix.

Hope he doesn't read this on the QT...

Comment

This sounds fun! Please count me in too.

Comment

was goin to give up on sunflowers as the slugs just chomp straight through them but I do love to grow something from from nothing, can I join in? need to start collecting eggshells and other spikey stuff to combat the dreaded slimey creatures
                          Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Originally posted by lettucegrow! View Post
                            was goin to give up on sunflowers as the slugs just chomp straight through them but I do love to grow something from from nothing, can I join in? need to start collecting eggshells and other spikey stuff to combat the dreaded slimey creatures
                            LOL, here it is the cat that breaks them - he has to rub on every flippin thing in the garden!
                            Happy Gardening,
                            Shirley

Comment

Gone to seed.

Bought some posh table seed this morning and have fished out some fat sunflower seeds for sowing later this weekend.
                              Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Was wondering about this too. The nuthatches keep knicking the sunflower seeds and burying them, so some of them might grow. But will also join in the challenge.
                                Sylvianne

Get back to the earth, learn to grow your own future

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X