Best feed/fertilizer??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best feed/fertilizer??

I was watching a certain shopping channel and a certain chap was selling his miracle plant feed and root booster. Now it wasn't cheap- £25 odd but the results seemed amazing. (yes I am naive- the results could have been 'manipulated') So it got me thinking about what to use on my plants this year to increase their size and flower production. I was just going to use tomato feed and potash.

Tomato feed is High potash anyway EM, and that's fine for flower production, you could give the garden a blast of Seaweed feed as a foliar spray as well. and if you plant anything something like Blood Fish and Bone or the equivalent if you are vegan will keep things going.
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

Thanks Nick! That is very useful to know

Comment

I always use a sprinkle of blood fish and bone when planting anything, it works fine for me!
        Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

BF&B for everything, tom food for toms & peppers etc and pelletted chicken poo for a bit of a boost is what I use.
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Okay, I've got a large flower bed dug up. I've already planted a few bulbs, roses and primroses in it. I'm growing the rest of the plants from seed so those will go in much later. The soil is of very poor quality so I wanted to give it a boost. I can't get any rotted down manure so can I just use the B,F and bone and chicken poo (if I can find some) now? I'll get some seaweed stuff too.

Comment

Ethansmum
              Not an expert on this but have you got anything you can dig in to your poor soil? Compost, manure etc to improve the soil, even coffee grounds (by the hundredweight from your local Starbucks or similar)
              If you don't want to dig in you could layer it on the top to let the worms get to work, would help conserve moisture as well. Then you bfb etc would be supplementing the compost.
              best wishes
              Sue

Comment

Some flowers, herbs and vegetables thrive on poor soil!

Most of the annual flowers , Mediteranean origin herbs and the likes of carrots,parsnips and quick growing salad crops ie radish and lettuce are included methinks?

Don't be in too much of a rush to start applying fertilisers, especially inorganic ones!

Size isn't everything you know......or so they say!
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

The shopping channel's for suckers

I use a liquid feed made from comfrey & nettles. BTW, my comfrey plants are just starting to break the surface of the soil. They'll be huge monsters by April.
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Argh I know you're Two Sheds I like to watch and get ideas but I have never ever bought off them.

Thanks all your your advice, I love this site! Everyone is so helpful. I'm going to go to Starbucks for some grounds and I'm googling about comfrey amd nettles

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X