Euphorbia's..

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euphorbia's..

Hi everyone, has anybody had luck taking cuttings from euphorbia's..i was wondering wether to try it but thought i better get some tips on it first??
    thanks
    Get going..Get gardening!

Hi daisydaisy,

I haven't tried taking cuttings of euphorbia but I do know that some people find the sap a skin irritant - so do wear gloves, surgical ones would be ideal then you still have some dexterity.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Hi there

I haven't tried taking cuttings because I find the sap such as irritant (yes, I could wear gloves I suppose).

BUT I have noticed that the euphorbias seem to self-seed quite well, so I wait for nature to do the propogation and then move the babies to the right place!
      Growing in the Garden of England

Comment

You can also split them - just shove a sharp spade in and remove a piece.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

i find euphorbias are becoming something of a weed in my garden and are now popping up all over my neighbour's garden too! but i do love them. when i only had a few i used to divide them now i get so many seedlings it isn't necessary. the only thing to mention is that they do find initial moves hard especially if they are bigger, so make sure they are firmly in the soil and water well for as long as needed - they'll tell you!

Comment

I've never known any plant to sulk as much as a euphorbia when you move it, and then all of a sudden it springs to life again.

They are fantastic though - I'm lucky to live near Beth Chatto's garden and she's got loads of amazing varieties.

One of my fantasies is to have the national collection of euphorbias one day. (I guess that means I need to get out more...)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X