Poorly Passionflower?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poorly Passionflower?

My passionflower plant which has been growing vigorously in its pot since spring this year, has begun to drop its lower leaves and turn brown from the bottom up!

As I have not had a passionflower before, is this just the autumn setting in or is there something wrong with it?

Passion Flower

Superrachy,

I am by no means well up on passion flowers but it sounds like the leaves are dehydrating and withering. This, rather than lack of water could be to much water as the temp has cooled off now.Passion Flowers can be difficult to overwinter because their roots are prone to rot if kept cold and wet.
    Established plants have a better chance of overwintering than very young ones. In your garden Passion flowers can stand short periods of frost.

Drainage is also very important, you could try repotting into something like - a free-draining soil-based mixture of equal parts sharp sand or gravel, medium or coarse peat and loam, rather than a peat-based compost which can easily become waterlogged.

Hope this is of some use!
    Geordie

Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure

Comment

feeding?

Hi, i had problems with my passion flower until if found that they are very demanding for feeding. I was told to feed it once a week during summer and once a month during winter. If its in a container the size of container can be a factor and it might not be fully hardy. Hope it gets better, Catriona

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X