Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulbs

Hello all
    Another stupid question from me I'm afraid!
    I am planting out some tulips for spring, some are in the ground, others in pots. Do I need to water them whilst they are hibernating or do I only need to water them when they start to shoot?
    Thank u!

can't believe no-one answered you!! Well it's a bit late now but I'm sure they will grow whatever you did....unless it was in dry potting compost in which case if you water them from now on they will start to grow. Tulips tend to rot if planted in non free-draining soil which is why I think grit is recommended underneath them. Don't know a lot about flowerbulbs and, although I'm ok with daffodils and crocus, I'm not too good with tulips as I only found out about this grit idea recently. I know for sure it's the squirrels that eat my snowdrops and not my poor gardening technique! Perhaps one of the flower experts can tell you more ?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Fee
      Hello all
      Another stupid question from me I'm afraid!
      I am planting out some tulips for spring, some are in the ground, others in pots. Do I need to water them whilst they are hibernating or do I only need to water them when they start to shoot?
      Thank u!
      Hi Fee

I would have thought the ones in the pot would be OK so long as they weren't in the greenhouse. just put the pots up by your shed so they get a bit of shelter from the worst of the cold as they will be a bit exposed beung above ground level.

ntg
      ntg
      Never be afraid to try something new.
      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
      ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X