Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weeds or wild flowers

http://imgur.com/gallery/p196Z9x

Lesser celendine and forget me not, weed or wild flower?

Definitely wild flowers, we love them and so do the polinators

Comment

A weed is but an unloved flower
      ....or something like that
      Northern England.

Comment

I love forgetmenots. They are self seeding everywhere in my garden, and if I happen to not want them there, they're easy enough to pull out. They're not as pretty as those in that picture though
        https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
          A weed is but an unloved flower
          ....or something like that
          I've always said a weed is a plant in the wrong place, but same effect.

Comment

Originally posted by SarrissUK View Post
            I love forgetmenots. They are self seeding everywhere in my garden, and if I happen to not want them there, they're easy enough to pull out. They're not as pretty as those in that picture though
            That's what I do too, I was just taken with how nice they looked in the garden this morning hence I took a picture.

Comment

Forget-me-nots are nice, but I wouldn't advise allowing celandine to grow where it likes. Unlike forget-me-nots, they cannot just be easily pulled out. They have little tubers on their roots - these break off easily and each one can produce a new plant.

Comment

A flower is a flower although some are more attractive than others. I love forgetmenot and celandines when they're shining in the sun.
                Dandelions are beautiful too, look closely at the flower, its a masterpiece and, with an artyfarty name would be sold for a small fortune by some seed companies.

This is a dandelion seed head encased in acrylic that I bought many years ago because it was so beautiful. Not very clear but I could look at it for hours!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200410_161905.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	203.4 KB
ID:	2386935

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200410_161942.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	2386936

Comment

That is so pretty VC

One of my favourite flowers is ivy leaved toadflax, that some people consider a weed, but I think it's so incredibly pretty that I actively encourage it into every space that I can
                  https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X