Calendula

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calendula

I've 2trays which have germinated indoors on a window ledge. They are ready for pricking out , wondering if they would be ok in greenhouse or am i best to bring them back in?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Containergardener; 03-04-2020, 08:56 AM.
    Northern England.

They should (there is always an exception and depends how precious they are) be fine they are a hardy annual

Comment

Maybe I should pop my cover of blow away GH up as a safety measure. Thanks
      Northern England.

Comment

Mine are in the GH and I have also some outside that have started to flower.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0D75C030-73AA-4CE1-AEA3-809760C37302.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	627.0 KB
ID:	2386825
        Last edited by Scarlet; 03-04-2020, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
          Maybe I should pop my cover of blow away GH up as a safety measure. Thanks
          I often use those clear plastic meat trays for a few nights over the pots while they get used to the change in temps.

Comment

Flowering
            Northern England.

Comment

Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
              Flowering :
              They are hardy so I often sprinkle seed outside in late summer early autumn.
              I remembered to do an Autumn sowing of a few hardy flower varieties of flowers last year ready for this and it really makes a difference.

Not only am I super pleased how far forward my plants are it has freed ( is that a word? ) up my time for other stuff.

Comment

Mine have been flowering over winter. I scatter the seeds outdoors whenever I remember. About the hardiest plant I know.

Comment

I have a self seeded one in the veg patch that has been flowering over winter as well.

Comment

I think if they are last year's plants they are much earlier anyway.
                    Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

These are seeds just sown
                      Northern England.

Comment

Stick them in the GH...if you are worried, just put some newspaper over them tonight or a couple of clear plastic meat trays to give them a little shelter.

Comment

I shall re.organise GH tomorrow . I think I should get OH to.clean.it too.
                          Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X