No announcement yet.

plant id please

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First one is Hypericum don’t know about the second one though.
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Thanks. Might take the St. John’s wort from the weed section and move it to the front garden. Will see whether the other one produces some flowers might help with the ID.

Comment

How tall is it? Looks familiar, I get a lot of weeds tall fleabane maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          Pic 1 is Hypericum perforatum. Grows like a weed here!.
          A few died here last year due to lack of rain
          Love them for cutting when the berries have formed.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin H View Post
            Could it be a monkey flower?
            I agree Martin H, my first thought was monkey flower, aka mimulus https://www.victoriananursery.co.uk/Monkey_Flower/, so you can buy as bedding-type plants, but it is also a UK native which you find growing round rivers and dampish spots, very pretty, yellow flowers.
            Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by annie8 View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]87387[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]87388[/ATTACH]Was hoping I could ask for plant ID. Well actually two if that is ok.
              Pic 2 is growing at the front. I may have bought it a few years ago. Ignore the budlea it’s the other plant.

Any ideas appreciated.
              Hi Annie8, I recently downloaded an app on my phone called Plantsnap which simply lets you take a photo of the plant and it instantly comes up with possibilities of what the plant could be. From the app it says it could be fire weed?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt94 View Post
                Hi Annie8, I recently downloaded an app on my phone called Plantsnap which simply lets you take a photo of the plant and it instantly comes up with possibilities of what the plant could be. From the app it says it could be fire weed?
                That’s it Matt94. Thanks so much. Sounds like it could be a bit of problem weed so will pull it out.
                Last edited by Nicos; 16-06-2019, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Just noticed a penstemon that my sister gave me. Leaves look quite similar to the one we throughly was fireweed. Don’t suppose it could be that ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X