No announcement yet.

Design my garden

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brilliant VC. That's just what I'm looking for. No fuss gardening, that looks pretty especially in summer.

Comment

To make it simple to start you could sow in situ, once you have a space, and let the flowers get on with it.
      Then plant the more permanent things in when you have time.

Comment

Wallflowers, bachelors buttons, winter flowering jasmine, hellebores, lady in the bath, veronica, polyanthus, primroses,
        I am sure there are lots more, just not coming to mind at the moment.
        Looking forward to seeing the work in progress.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I had to run off and Google lady in the bath & bachelors button.
          Never heard those names before. I recognised them as soon as I saw the pictures.
          I must try to save polyanthus and primrose seeds this year, or pot up a couple of young plants.
          Thank you bramble

Comment

Just wondering if you will be needing to dig up the garden area first to put in a septic tank...or will you be on mains drains?
            Might make a difference as to where you can plant trees etc if you have a soakaway?
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              Just wondering if you will be needing to dig up the garden area first to put in a septic tank...or will you be on mains drains?
              Might make a difference as to where you can plant trees etc if you have a soakaway?
              Yeah definitely need a treatment plant putting in (not aloud to have septic tanks in new builds anymore).
              We're thinking that will probably go in front left corner of the site. Shortest run to flowing water for the overflow. But we're guessing because we don't actually know what the he11 we're doing
              Last edited by Small pumpkin; 22-03-2019, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Here you go Sarriss and anyone else that want to try their hand at garden design .

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	2382751

House isn't to scale but it's going roughly there in line with the others.
                Front and sides of site aren't changeable but we can go back farther if we want. As it is it's about 3/4 of an acre.
                The White speckled bits just behind the telegraph pole mark where the ground starts to rise. The rest of it is pretty flat (for around here).
                The best view is out the back looking at Ben buie ( not quite a mountain, about 15ft short to classify ).

Must have space for
                1 boat ( winter storage)
                1 tractor
                2 trailers
                5 sheds ( at least )
                3 polytunnles
                Veg garden
                Space for dogs to play

Good luck
                Last edited by Small pumpkin; 22-03-2019, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Had a walk around the garden this morning to see what I could take cuttings from. Think I found an honesty that has survived the winter and resent deer invasion. So I'll be able to save seeds from it this year hopefully

Comment

What about a Reed bed in your boggy area for sewage management?

https://www.reedbeds.co.uk/

Comment

It is something I've considered. But now we are a little more experienced in our marvellous narrow minded, backward thinking planning department. They would get very excitable about it and not in a good way . They wouldn't even let us have a 1ft over hang on the roof of the last set of plans.

Comment

Only had time for quick scan but don't think Heleniums mentioned nice coppers and yellows. They bulk up well.

Winter Box, evergreen, red or black berries, and a fantastic scent Dec/Feb. Site near a door to benefit from scent. I've seen it used as a hedge and it's not rampant.

If you hurry up you may still be able to get snowdrops, snow flakes and winter aconites in the green. Snowdrops are good for underplanting peonies as their fading foliage gets covered by peony's.
                        Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

I forgot reblooming Day Lilies. Got Stella de Oro years ago at Poundshop over ten years ago and it's still going strong. Found there are more repeaters.Reblooming Daylilies that aren't Stella de Oro | Perennial Resource

Even I haven't killed them!
                          Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

I like those, they are pretty thanks Danny

Comment

Day lilies/heremocallis are also edible. You can eat the flowers, leaves and tubers. Having said that, I don[t know about these reblooming ones. I grow,and eat the common orange ones.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                                Day lilies/heremocallis are also edible. You can eat the flowers, leaves and tubers. Having said that, I don[t know about these reblooming ones. I grow,and eat the common orange ones.
                                I didn't know that. Thanks VC. Some day lilies are definitely on the list now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X