Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Eyed Susan

So.........................

fed up with this ( easy enough for kids ) flower im ripping my face off.
    Have tried all sorts,
    Soaking and chitting , soaking and sowing in normal soil
    soaking and sowing in a prop
    soaking and chitting and sowing in a prop.

So far, over the last two seasons, ive had one seedling appear , but with the seed stuck to its head it failed ,
    help... please....................

Well, first off...how old is the seed? I think it's probably the seed/seed supplier is the issue. Have you bought fresh?

Comment

Sounds like they may benefit from a period of cold stratification. From https://tomclothier.hort.net/page04.html :

Rudbeckia hirta - Sow at 20ºC (68ºF), if no germination in 3-4 wks, move to -4 to +4ºC (24-39ºF) for 2-4 wks

Comment

Which one? Thunbergia or Rudbeckia?

Never any problems with former at 24C.
        Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

I've also grown the thunbergia one several times (although not for years) and never had any problem getting it to germinate. Don't remember doing anything special.

Haven't grown rudbeckia; was thinking of giving it a go this year.

Comment

Thumbergia
            and three different sources, all fresh seed , the latest from a well known supplier, i dont know what im doing wrong here, i really dont.

Comment

I've only grown it once...and I can't remember how many germinated. but I have had a little g@@gle and they need light to germinate. Also they can take 21 days - you may need some patience.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitzi View Post
                Haven't grown rudbeckia; was thinking of giving it a go this year.
                I grow rudbeckia every year. They are easy, but they need sowing this month at the latest.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X