One chicken left (sad)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One chicken left (sad)

Young Speckaldy has been very ill. Waiting the results of a blood test which is due today or tomorrow. She died this morning at 0900.
    She has been indoors for a while to keep her warm and keep an eye on her.
    No obvious reasons for being ill, hence blood test.
    One clucky left, then a break for a few weeks.
    Feed the soil, not the plants.
    (helps if you have cluckies)

Man v Squirrels, pigeons & Ants
    Bob

That's sad fishpond
    Nannys make memories

Comment

Very sad, fishpond. Depending on the results, you might want to get a companion for your remaining chicken. They don't like being on their own and go into decline. I speak from experience...

Comment

Sorry Fishpond
        As Snoop says, don't let your chook be lonely, get a couple more so they can have a natter.

Comment

Am I being selfish?
          The remaining one appears to be quite happy on her own and is out gardening most days(weather dependent).
          I haven't had a holiday for 30 years and have been getting up at first light every day for the last 15 years.
          Feed the soil, not the plants.
          (helps if you have cluckies)

Man v Squirrels, pigeons & Ants
          Bob

Comment

Yes, you're selfish! Take her on holidays with you

Comment

Just say it's your aunt Agather,

Bit of a mother hen, clucky and often peckish.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
              ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
              ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Hi, Fishpond. She'll carry on going about her business, but you will notice a change. Her comb will become paler and she'll show less interest in things, even food.

But everyone needs a break, that's for sure. How long will it be before you get back from your travels? Have you considered one of those automatic pop-hole things, big feeders or drinkers? Not cheap, mind. But you would be able to get a lie-in of a morning.

Comment

The general reccomendation is to get a minimum of three hens. Then if one dies at least the other two will be company for each other until you replace the dead chook!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X