The coop coming together

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I HAVE MY LITTLE LADIES

they were put into the coop as per advice first, via the top end of the ladder though the pop hole,they are eating and drinking so thats good,it was suggested maybe give them a few days inside before letting out,just so they get used to where they are to go at night,what is advice please as it seems a bit harsh,i am very tempted to open up the pophole door,and hope i can catch them if needed,i wonder if the corn treat up the steps might work,this is the best pics i can get just now from inside the coop via the back door,
    Attached Files
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Welcome, Laydees!

Comment

I would be tempted to let them into the run, they are intelligent enough to know where to sleep & where to lay.
        Last edited by Bigmallly; 22-04-2017, 04:05 PM.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Just lovely LD, keep the pics coming please
          Nannys make memories

Comment

They look luvly, LD - very healthy Great that they're all different so you can tell them apart! I think the first to lay will be the ?Bluebell.
            I'd keep them in the coop tonight and let them in the run tomorrow. After dusk they'll be dozing and it would be worth looking in to see if they're on the perch.
            The aim is to get them to roost on the perch at night and not in the nest box but it takes a few days of "training" to do that (picking up the chook and putting it on the perch). You don't need to do it tpnight - let them get used to you and each other

Comment

The lady did say the blue will not be long,as the comb ext is getting stronger color,also they often lay double yokers,i will go down again in a bit and give them a bit of the corn,then leave them alone till morning,i hope to get some nice pics of them to post tomoz,thankyou for the advice people

OH BM,i do not have the energy left just now to make a treddle feeder,have gogled just to see,
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

It may be an idea when you get time to hang the feeder in the run so it is about 9" off the ground (high enough for the chooks to feed but too high for vermin to get into (hence the treadle feeder).
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Lottie, they are lovely...enjoy! Keep the pics coming.
                  sigpic

Comment

RIGHT here they are,they were encoraged out,and the black rock had to be hand lifted,she was so alone,as you can see from the pics,they seem to be happy little birds,they are all under the coop dust bathing,they are adictive to watch hehehe,water and food now dangling from the rafters outside,
                    Attached Files

Comment

Pull up a chair for you and MR and sit down and watch them............You won't want to move now .

Comment

They look lovely and happy ,

Comment

D'ya know Lass, you're a fine example to these young 'uns that can't do this, that 'n' t'other.

Comment

Just been catching up, LD. Lovely pics, lovely chooks. Never mind the feeder, it's time to get yourself a nice table and seating arrangements for you and your husband, so you can sit and watch them. Miles better than the telly.

Comment

Lovely photos thanks LD!! It must be really nice,my friend used to have chickens & they'd follow her into the kitchen,lovely sociable animals & free eggs

Comment

Thank you for the lovely comments all,they are within my growing area,am having to do a lot off catch up,rubish clearing,as i cleared some of the man patch dumpit stuff,it never got really sorted,just re dumped,so i could build the chicken area,the whole garden is still in the throws of a make over,but that got put on hold,the parts that did get done are in need of TLC,i am HOPING i can get to see it all done before get me wings hehehehe,off to do a bit more,it is really hot out there,

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X