Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone run their eye over this for-sale coop+run?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone run their eye over this for-sale coop+run?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/pet-equipm...op-/1219638850

It seems like a good deal to me, it's not new but appears in OK nick from the photos and the guy offered to deliver.
    I don't really know what I'm looking for... he reckons it would fit 5/6 birds and we have 6 young chicks needing a roost soon.

When buying a used run/coop what do I need to do? Does it require intensive sterilisation or something, or if it's in use with healthy hens is that a good sign it's ready to go?

The house looks OK to me but the run you will find a bit of a pain with a top on like that. It should be alright for young birds to start off with but as they get bigger, about 5-6 months they will need more space.

I would try and knock him down a bit but then I'm mean!!!!
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

The run seems a bit of a bonus, I'd let them out as much as possible when I'm in, and I guess expanding a run is quite easy. Or it could be the 'small run' with a much larger fenced area for during the day... it's the coop that's the main thing.

Price wise he offered to deliver it 30 miles without taking the run apart so I would be happy at 110

Comment

Presumably I can easily add more laying boxes inside, or add another 'wing' on later?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X