No announcement yet.

Do I need a run?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think there is probably a fault in my fence, OH trying to find it at the moment!

Comment

Someone told me badgers can be a problem too, if there are any in the area?

Comment

Scarlet,sorry to read this.

Comment

Electric Fence

So sad hearing this! What kind of netting did you use for your electric fence? And what kind of energiser - 230 V electric fence mains energiser or 12 V battery with how many volts/joule?

Comment

We use poultry netting...you can get it online or in farm feed stores - country wide is our local one that stovks the lot. We use a 50m thst makes up 3 sides of a square.(smaller sizes available)we also have a section attached that we can unclip to walk through although I usually just climb over it The 4th side that makes up the square side is a stone barn. We have installed mains electric that runs along the lenght of the barn although we used to run off a battery and it worked just as well.
            I've kept chicken for roughly 15 years and only had a couple of major accidents - once the kids turned the fence off, another occasion the fox used a compost bin to jump in and out - so well worth the investment IMO if you intend to keep chickens and want them to be able to "free range" without the worry.
            On this occasion I just think the fence was getting a little worn ...we had to patch up some loose wires on the bottom section of one panel. Amazing animals that can vist the one night the fence gets turned off and another time he finds the section with a dodgy bottom wire.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Amazing animals that can vist the one night the fence gets turned off and another time he finds the section with a dodgy bottom wire.
              Or the much more sinister and much more realistic prospect that they stalk your chickens every night, waiting for you to make a mistake.
              Forgive me for my pages of text.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X