Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As my little boy would say "REALLY". I cant believe she has got in touch with the council. You need to ring the council and invite them around for a chat and see what they say. Also tell them what she said to your OH.
    I would suggest that you keep a diary from when your OH to when you got the council letter and what happens when they visit etc.
    Feather allergy my bum. Take pictures of your chooks now, with the few feathers they have and have them ready for the council to see. Take pictures of your garden as well to show there are no traces of mice or rats.
    Is there anyone else they are mean to?
    Like muddled says they are being bullies. Did they bully the last people?
    Sending you hugs and support Lumpy.
    sigpic

Comment

I absolutely HATE bullies with avengance,having had it at school,work,bad neighbours ext,if only we could write a book e,better no,as it would be far to upsetting,
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

https://poultrykeeper.com/keeping-ch...ickens/http://Stick with the hens. I wonder what they will complain about next! They sound vexatious.

My neighbour complains about the noise from my cockatiels. He is a neurotic though, he even tries to shoo pigeons from the top of a 30' conifer.
        Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

oh lumpy this sounds horrendous I agree with everyone else though - dont take any actions until you are told to, as chances are you wont be! They cannot control your garden - no matter how much they would like to. Be full of sugar and light when you talk to them - but dont bow down to them.

I keep my fingers crossed that they can learn to live alongside you peacefully!

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post

So.....the council have been in touch as a complaint has been made about hordes of rats and mice, excessive hen hooting, risks of bird flu, smell and her husbands chest problems getting worse because he is allergic to feathers.
            Did you ask them to come and inspect?

Unless there's a bylaw then it's unlikely they can stop you keeping chickens that are helpt well and are not a nuisance.

Neighbours are sometimes the most vile creatures on the planet who complain about everything to the council.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyK View Post
              They sound vexatious.
              The problem is complaints have to be kept anonymous which means it's hard to prove the neighbour is a vexatious complainant.

I have been thinking how to force the council's hand as we have had a series of non-sensical complaints from one neighbour.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confrontation_Clause

Comment

The council lady phoned at the end of last week - she was from the housing department.

The enviromental health turned up this morning. There was no sign of vermin (fencing and slabs both sides would keep them out anyway). There are no hen health or condition worries, no smell etc etc but.....

We are council tenants which means that although our tenancy is assured we do have to complete a 'trial' period before it is fully in place.

I was told this morning that any complaints of this nature would be logged and connected to this. So, our home could be at risk if the complaints continue.

The OH is bipolar and there has been a noticable change in him since last week.

A couple who own a B&B 4 miles away are coming to collect the girls in the morning. The BHWT put us in touch and at least there, there will be no complaints and they can free range to their hearts content.

I know I have given in too easy and there is no excuse but there are reasons - I don't want my OH in the crisis unit again and I don't want to have to get the Police to find him again.

Elenor and Phil (Elsie, Gert and Maudes new M&D) have said we can visit at any time to see there collection of ex bats.

It's done!

Can a mod please lock the thread as I don't want to feel any worse than I do now. Sue
                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Closed as requested. (((Hugs)))

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X