No announcement yet.

what to feed hens

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

before I fully go off the idea what is the approxamate cost of a 20/25kg bagof food , has anyone estimated the aprox cost of a table bird, I know they have no comparison to a supermarket bird, probably like potatoes love mine hate when I have to buy supermarket ones the taste is just not there, sounds better perhaps to have a small family and hope they raise their own and then keep the boys seperate
    yet another question does anyone join with friends and buy a pallet of food and is it much cheaper
    Last edited by Kier; 25-01-2015, 02:32 PM.

Comment

I have black rocks and I feed a 10ltr tub of layers pellets every 3 days plus I treat daily with a bowl of veg, a cup of corn scattered and a home made fat ball. Mine love corn, selectors, tomato and cucumber. But honestly eat anything I have. Keeping them in a run is okay but whatever you offer they will scratch up in no time and be left with just mud. This is awful in the wet weather. Also they can jump quite high unless you clip the wings.

Comment

£7 or £8 per 20kg bag from Countrywide. Lasts my 6 chooks a month or so.

Comment

£7 to £8 sounds good
          maybe I won't give up so easily

Comment

A £5.60 20Kg bag of Farmgate layers pellets lasts my chooks roughly one week. Mine get greens from the allotment, PSB and kales put on most growth so are the best crop for them. They also get 3 or four handfuls of mixed corn each day (6.50 for 20Kg bag, lasts ages) and quite a bit of dry bread crusts etc.
            Half of my run is covered with perspex (nice and dry) and the other half is covered with wire mesh only (nice and wet) ! have 6 white, 5 brown and 5 small game birds.
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X