Urgent

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Nicos

She normally loves porridge and mealworms, and nibbled a mouthful last night (1/4 teaspoon maybe), but not interested this morning. She also had a taste of soaked bread, but she kept shaking her head every time she took a mouthful of anything so she didn't perservere. Don't know the significance of repeated head shaking when eating, any ideas?? However, she did have a bit of a go at her pellets today, and good idea about the egg, I'll do her some for lunch . I don't really care what she eats at the moment - she can live the rest of her life eating bread and biscuits as far as I'm concerned, as long as she recovers!
    sigpicGardening in France rocks!

Comment

Just out of interest ...have you looked inside her ears to make sure she doesn't have ear mites?...or one might be infected/ have something in it ?

Just a thought?

I know when a human swallows, the ear goes pop to equalise the pressure...no idea about chook anatomy, but if their ears do pop when eating, and there is an irritation in the ear, that might cause her to shake her head?
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I did wonder about ear mites Nicos, but the head shaking only seems to have started since she's been poorly, so I think it's more likely connected with the fluid on her chest in some way, I'm just not sure how! But popping from pressure doesn't sound impossible, clever you!
        sigpicGardening in France rocks!

Comment

^^^..,.. Grasping at straws more like
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X