Wilma Maran
    Pebbles Light Sussex
    Bam-Bam White Star.

Just need Barney, Fred and Dino now

Comment

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
      Stuffit, Cluckit, Pluckit and chuckit.
      Careful Bill, Careful.................
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

My dad kept chickens when I was young, we raised them from day old chicks, unfortunately they got foul pest and died, all but 2 I called them Chick Chick, cos she came running if you called her name, and Big Bruno, cos she was big and brown
        Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

Some named after my Great Aunts: Bertha,Elsie; Bluebell( because she is a Bluebell), some named after Twilight films/books: Alice ,Bella ( she is a beautiful Barnvelder) kids tend to name them but sometimes have trouble grasping the concept that they have to choose girls names: Henny Penny,Milky-Way (RIP) and Eva
          Gardening forever, housework whenever!

Comment

Elsie, Esme, Ethel.

The names were chosen by my wife but I got to assign them. Elsie is the top hen so I named her after my domineering grandmother. Together they're referred to as The Three E'migos.

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

The twelve laying hens are named, as is the cockerel but we don't name the meat birds. I don't think it's an attachment thing, more that we raise around 20 at a time and we'd soon run out of names for them.
              Proud renter of 4.6 acres of field in Norfolk. Living the dream.

Please check out our story in the March 2014 issue of GYO magazine.

Follow us on Twitter @FourAcreFarming

Comment

My current girls are a black rock, a bluebell, a speckledy and a white star. They are called Black Betty, Misty Blue, Roberta Fleck and Gladys White. My last lot were ex-batts and called Duracell, Ever Ready and Norah (Battie)

Comment

My girls are star, luna, nutmeg, cinnamon, willow, bumble, Jamie, black eyed Susie, noodles & grey girl.
                  I have 16 youngsters that will names soon, all the boys will be called giblets and one with feathery feet will be called fluffy if it's a girl.

Comment

My missus has the face on with me since I've named my cream legbar chick 'Miss Collard' after my daughter's primary school teacher.....since they're both damn fine looking birds!

Comment

Miss Norway (lovely plumage)
                      Leona (the Sussex as in Lewis)
                      Dorean (the bluebird that looks Gray)
                      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

We've had a range of pretty standard hen names that I can hardly recall - Choccy, Patch, Rhubarb/Ruby, Milly, Angela (named after a friend of ours), Brian (I can't remember why - she was a she), Custard (a bit of a wimp) and ll sorts of others in that vein.

Today we've picked up three new ones. The Bluebelle is going to be called Bluebell, though judging by how she's throwing her weight around we should call her Mike Tyson. We haven't named the two Calder Rangers yet and there will be three more tomorrow. The children would never in a million years pass up the opportunity to name the hens!
                        Is there anything that isn't made better by half an hour pottering in the veg patch?

Comment

Marigold Coco (comes of offering a 6 year old a number of choices so he decides on a double-barrelled name), Violet, Lavender and Jasmine.
                          Decided that old fashioned flower names would be a nice idea.
                          These are my first birds so we are still all on the same theme

Comment

Our Laydees.

Oh, you've got to name them! Ours are Millie, Scroby and Gracie. Millie is named after our 3 grandsons, Malli , Issac and Lochie. Scroby after our 3 grand daughters, Scarlett, Rosie And Ruby. Gracie is thus named because she's a lovely grey with blue legs and looks very graceful. We've also had Henrietta, cos you've got to! And Gertie Gusset named after my friend and her unfortunate undies!!!

Comment

My Beechwood Blues are called Bluey, and the Sussex Rangers are called Stroppy - because they are! The Speckledys are called Broody-Judy for obvious reasons, and the Black ones (can't remember the name, but they look like Copper-black Marans) are called Flighty - because they are. The ex-Batts are all called Doris!

Mad innit!?
                              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

We've had a nugget, noodle, Kiev Houdini road runner....
                                Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X