Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decorated coops and runs?!

Does any one decorate their coop/run?!
    I'm so excited to be getting a walk in run I've considered stringing up some solar powered fairy lights. I figure they're fairly dimly lit so should bother the chooks much.
    Any one else do anything like this?!

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Hmmm... no. Its enough work to clean, feed and keep them healthy. Try hanging cabbages, or green stuff up for them instead.

Comment

HoofyLoo, can you please add your location to your profile? Nearest town will be fine - at least then we will know whereabouts you are.

Comment

We have solar lights nearby - movement activated. This is so we can see what we're doing in winter!!

Love the idea of making the coop and run a pretty feature!....why not!
        ( just make sure the gals can't get at them to peck them though )

Decorating with cabbages etc is a great idea!...but not too many treats or you'll affect their laying
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

It's purely for me not the chooks. They already have enough 'toys' ;0)
          I'm just thinking as the winter sets in it'll brighten the garden up!

Rusty lady - any particular reason you need to know where I live?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by HoofyLoo View Post
            Rusty lady - any particular reason you need to know where I live?!?!
            Knowing your location helps when giving gardening advice - growing conditions in Scotland are very different to those in Sunny Wiltshire or France...

Comment

I understand but I'm asking about fairy lights on a chicken run!

Comment

Sorry, i thought you'd also posted on a gardening related thread as well!

Comment

Originally posted by HoofyLoo View Post
                  I understand but I'm asking about fairy lights on a chicken run!

Yes HoofyLoo, but you have made other posts too. Not being nosy - if you look at most other people's posts you will see their location at the top right hand side of the post.

Comment

We're not asking for your address HoofyLoo, just a vague idea of where you live - my location is South Wales and from that most people will understand that I live in a wet, windy but warmish part of the UK where frosts start late in the year and finish early. It really does help when people ask for advice about when to plant things outdoors etc.

Comment

Something along these lines? (Not mine you understand!)

Wisconsin Winter Chicken Coop ::: Coop Thoughts Blog
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

Haha! I like the idea. I already have a load of those solar-powered spike lights round the garden. It stops the Dogs belting into the Chooks' leccy fence in the dark (although, I'm sure they can see it anyway! )

Also, when I go down to shut them in at night, if I've left it a bit late, I often take one with me, just in case!
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Hmmm wasn't quite thinking the big Xmas lights but something on a much smaller scale!!!

My apologies rusty lady but I'm on the app and see no location details for anyone which made your request all the odder! ;0D

Comment

ah well- now we understand your reluctance to post where( ish) you live!

...funnily enough I live in Northern France...we have up to 38C in the summer and -18C in the winter Makes a heck of a lot of difference for help re plants and chooks!

...so you can see that approx locations come in handy for all sorts of questions- be they gardening or chook related ( chook care in France is usually totally different to the uk)

not nosy...we have many international grapes on here- just asking for future use!

...go on...What's the guess you say you live in Sydney?????
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Ha ha! I'm going to disappoint I'm afraid! I'm an East Midlands gal!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X