holly

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holly

well, no other place to put this to do it justice but Holly our elderly frizzle pekin is currently dieing and I am pretty tough and non emotional normally but had a real attachment to this funny, tatty old girl. She is in a bed of hay and comfortable and I know will die in the night, I can tell, I can't do this one, she looks peaceful.... :'( so so sad, she has raised countless chicks and is such a character.

I'm the same, tou need to be when keeping a healthy flock. bBut some need to be left alone - you are doing the right thing. She hasn't got anything contagious, let her go in her sleep. It's sad when your favourites go.....

Comment

Big hugs to you. Know exactly how it feels. Choose a really nice plant to put over the top of her when you bury her to remember her by.

Comment

A holly bush per chance?
        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

I have an unusual variegated butterfly bush I will plant over her, she is dead this morning, but didn't look as though she suffered. a huge positive is that wherever I look I can see evidence of her in the form of toilet brush frizzles!!! They all came from her gene, so...

Comment

Big hugs!!!!
            Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Sad for you

Comment

totally my fault! both holly and ginger or frodo or whatever my daughter called her were persistent broodies - red mite explosion where they were sat (on nothing!) I went away on school trip for week and the red mite moved in! I know they were old but what an awful way to go -you can't imagine the quantities of diatom and smite and burning of bedding going on past couple of days!!!!!!

Comment

Poor you Petal (:. I'm glad it was peaceful for her though - and it was NOT your fault!
                  sigpicGardening in France rocks!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X