How often can I feed vegetables?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often can I feed vegetables?

Is it ok to feed my chickens vegetables every day? I have so far and then wondered if it was too often. Saturday and Sunday they had a spring green cabbage tied up (one each day) and got through it all. Today I've given them a mixed bowl of peas and spinach that were left over from last night.

I have been limiting corn to just a small handful per bird late afternoon/early evening.

They have pellets, water and grit available all day.
    Likac66

Living in her own purple world

Loving gardening, reading, knitting and crochet.

Sounds about right. Easy on the corn/scratch and they will be fine.
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

I have guinea pigs and a parrot, but the question often comes up for them too. People are these days under the impression that pets need to have a dried biscuit for a "balanced diet" (great marketing jobs, chaps)

I feed veggies to the pets freely: that is, whenever I have some lotty veg (or weeds, for the GPs) the pets get some. Every day in summer.

No ill effects whatsoever, no diarrhoea, nothing.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Makes me miss the days of guinea pigs. I have never had so few weeds as when we had them too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X