Spring clean Villa chick

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring clean Villa chick

Into year two (just ) of chook minding - and I know i need to pressure hose and disinfect - plus treat the hen house.

Pray what do I do with residents during this marathon? where do they lay - or sleep ? I dont have a second holiday home for them to go to - so have pressure hose etc - all at the ready -... when someone can tell me how to please go about it!

and also, i didnt think you could still get creosote - which a farmer told me to use - so whats the suggestion please?

Many thanks

how about buying a treatment that is animal friendly of bat friendly and do it on a nice sunny day so it dries out quicker. If you do it in the morning, it might dry before the chooks want to lay.

Comment

as above and give them a box to lay in with straw and a couple of yesterdays eggs in it.
      Yo an' Bob
      Walk lightly on the earth
      take only what you need
      give all you can
      and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

If you don't let the free range in your garden could you empty a shed for the day? move them via a cat box or cardboard box.

Borrow a rabbit run?

Make a folding run unit?

These and other labour intensive ideas.......

Terry
        The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Of course!! the shed!!! brilliant idea!!!! they can have a night in there!

Comment

just do it most wood treatments dry to touch in an hour or two, and if you use animal friendly stuff, it will not matter if birds get a few marks on feathers it will wash off or wear away in few days,
            Mick aka murfe 18

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X