Bird Flu TV Programme

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bird Flu TV Programme

I don't know if this will be of any help to the people on here who keep chickens etc. but tomorrow night Monday 13th there is an Equinox programme on about bird flu. Channel 4 at 8 p.m.
    [

Hello LJ,

I think there might be a lot of historical stuff about the 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic in ths progamme, but it might have some useful/helpful content.

Might watch it, might not, I can be a bit of an ostrich sometimes..

Lorna.
    Lorna.

Comment

I grew up calling the 1918 epidemic, the "Spanish Flu", now it seems as though it was "Bird flu" all along. The epidemic killed more people in a few weeks than the first world war. If the virus does transfer and mutate then there will be little we can do apart from eat healthy and try to sit it out. Thats the trouble with viruses, there is no cures before the cross over and even after the cross over and the virus has been identified we will have to wait for survivors who beat the virus before an inoculation can be made from their blood serum.
      It make for grim reading but there is little point in worrying before hand, when it arrives we will have worry enough.
      It seems as though humans have to face a virus of this nature once every hundred years.
      Jax

Comment

I didn't realise that pigs and mice can also get bird flu so I will record this because we might learn more than the government is telling us.
        [

Comment

There is an awful lot the government isn't telling us about this - depending on what report you read it is also being said in places that it is very hard to people to actually catch it
          www.poultrychat.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X