Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have i got an ill or broody hen? advice please

hi all

i have strange behaviour from jenny my black rock hen. for the last couple of days she has been making low clucking sounds, sometimes she flaps her wings and lets out a loud squawk. she has been dust bathing in places she doesnt often and keeps preening herself. she laid an egg today although spent about two hours in the coop, and is eating and drinking as normal at the mo.
    maybe she is starting to go broody? i have had another hen who went broody and there are similarities.
    i have given some poultry spice in food and have made her some scrambled egg to try and cheer her up? any thoughts?

Ha!...well, you'll soon find out if she's broody!
    If she's still laying she's probably preparing to sit.

I have 2 which have gone broody over the past 2 days. Probably because it's warmed up a bit.

Keep us posted!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

its looking likely then! rather broody though than poorly lady! il keep all posted! i remember my old hen being broody and in the end i had to pick her up and dip her beak in the drinker to get her to drink! it will be interested to see what jenny is like when broody i have only had her 8 months so lots of 'firsts'!!

Comment

even my teeny weeny gold birchen modern game girlie has gorn all broody and is sat firm on 3 rubber bantam eggs. She hard feathered so can't fluff up, her feathers just stick out like quills all over her. She's sat in the nestbox next to Biek the silkie cross who has the infamous auction swag eggs to take care of.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X