Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March of the (Very Little) Penguins.....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March of the (Very Little) Penguins.....

.....our penguins!

All have the same dad - a Splash Cochin, but the mums are Light/White Sussex, Marsh Daisy, Scots Dumpy, Copper Black Marans, Speckled Sussex, Cream Legbar, Partridge Wyandotte, Warren Hybrid, Marans Hybrid (Lavender and Ginger colour), Sussex Hybrid (Silver and Black) and Plymouth Rock/Legbar Hybrid (Stripes with a hat!)

They all look the same just now, no idea what their finished feather patterns will be. They've all got fluffy legs, and some of them are much, much, fluffier than others. Their rings are on their wings for a day or two until they don't fall off their feet - DD bought the wrong size.
    Last edited by julesapple; 21-04-2012, 02:24 PM.
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

They're lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Awww jkjlkjlj
      A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

They are beautiful Jules

Comment

How lovely...

Comment

the second picture is totally stunning- would love to paint it- permission?

Comment

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by petal View Post
                the second picture is totally stunning- would love to paint it- permission?
                Go for it! That wee one was looking at the camera as if to say 'Er......may I help you?'
                Jules

Comment

I've just come over all broody.....Can I have the top right in pic 3? Snoozy.
                  Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

they look so sweet
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Fabulous pics Jules. And extremely cute chicks too. And well done for such a successful hatch.

Comment

cute...they're making me hungry.....

Comment

ohhh....want one ...want one!!!!...

...and darn!...I have a broody too!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Before now, we've only hatched eggs that have either been through the post or had a car journey. We've had splay-legged chicks, and a chick who couldn't hold it's head up, a chick with breathing problems and one with deformed feet. We thought a lot of unhatched eggs were due to us not having the 'bator set right, humidity, all that.

These were hatched in the 'bator, as we haven't had a broody this year yet. We candled them three times and DD said she's never seen such well developed eggs from the off. They started to pip a day early. There were no hatching problems, no chicks needed help breaking their way out of shells.

I'm sure this is because they were all taken straight from nesting box to 'bator, 12 one day with another 2 added the next.

So far, so perfect......please, please, don't let them all be boys! DD is trying to sex by pin feathers - so far it's 50/50.....but unconfirmed.
                            Last edited by julesapple; 22-04-2012, 09:22 AM.
                            Jules

Comment

Fingers crossed- however , we have many more boys than girls this year- so i will force myself to be positive about that full freezer.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X